PRESIDENT & LEADERSHIP RESOURCES
This page is dedicated to information, and resources for PTA presidents, executive vice presidents and leadership VPs.
Still have questions? Contact the First District PTA President Diane Hyland via email at President@PTA1.org or First District PTA VP Leadership Sandy Russell at Leadership@PTA1.org.
First District PTA Resources
Click links below to access resources from First District PTA:
Hello PTA leaders! Below you will find links to a wealth of materials to help you have a great 2020-21 PTA year. This will be anything but a “normal” school year. Nonetheless, PTA is still – perhaps more than ever – a vital connection between schools, families, and the community. Families are looking for the latest information, and schools are checking for the wants and needs of students and their families. It is prime time for PTA to be a vehicle for honest communication and dissemination of the most current information.
The flyers, brochures, and documents in each section of Leadership Made Easy complement the Online Toolkit and are designed to help you in all aspects of running your PTA, from advocating for children’s issues, to gaining members, to learning about the education system, to understanding your bylaws. You’ll find all you need to know to make your job easier and positively impact the lives of children and families.
Be sure to share the links (or printouts) with other members of your board. Sharing resources and empowering others is part of what makes leadership groups successful!
CAPTA Virtual Summer Leadership Workshop Series
Click here to access Session One workshop videos and materials. Classes in this session include:
- President, Part 1 & 2
- I’m a PTA Board member, what do I need to know?
- Treasurer and Finance Officers, Part 1, 2, & 3
- PTA Finance for All Leaders
- TOTEM Electronic Membership System
- Getting Started with Social Media – A Class for Beginners
- Volunteer Recruitment
- “I Matter Because….” – How to Run a Successful Reflections
- Program in our Altered Reality Virtual World
Click here to access Session Two workshop videos and materials. Classes in this session include:
- Membership Basics
- Legislation and Advocacy
- Parliamentarian Basics
- Everything You Need to Know About Compliance but Were Afraid to Ask
- Engaged Families are the Key to Students’ Success!
- Team Building and Working with Conflict
- Elevating Your Social Media Skills – A class for intermediate/advanced social media users
Click here to access Session Three workshop videos and materials. Classes in this session include:
- Helping students – and your own children – cope with crisis and loss during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Navigating Distance Learning Platforms
- Marketing your PTA
- Family Engagement
- Public Speaking
- Advocacy for Student Learning Styles
- Empowering Parents to Help Their Teen Make Smart Decisions Behind the Wheel…Whether as a Driver or Passenger
- Understanding Racial Equity, Part 1 & 2
- Bring Your Questions – Finance Q&A
- Bring your Questions – General PTA Q&A