Financial Officer Resources
This page is dedicated to providing forms, information, and resources to unit and council PTA presidents, treasurers, financial secretaries, and auditors.
Still have questions?
Treasurers and financial secretaries, contact the First District PTA treasurer Jessica Sheen via email at Treasurer@PTA1.org
Auditors, contact the First District PTA auditor Kelley Schwedler via email at Auditor@PTA1.org
First District PTA
Treasurer’s Handouts – Leadership Conference [COMING SOON]
Auditor’s Handouts – Leadership Conference [COMING SOON]
Tax Preparation Information
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Every PTA Unit and Council must file Federal and State tax reports every year. California State PTA offers tax filing guidance and resources on their website.
- It is very important that every unit and council file taxes each year, even if you made very little income.
- Non-profits will automatically lose their tax-exempt status if they have not filed for the past three years.
- Tax returns are due 4 ½ months after the close of your fiscal year.
- If your organization’s Fiscal Year ends May 31 = Tax Returns are due by October 15, 2019
- If your organization’s Fiscal Year ends June 30 = Tax Returns due by November 15, 2019
CLICK HERE to access the CAPTA.org Tax Filing Support Center
Conflict of Interest / Whistleblower Policy
As board members of a nonprofit organization, we have a fiduciary duty to conduct business in a manner that is transparent and appropriate and in line with state and federal law governing nonprofits.
In addition, each year, every board member needs to complete the Conflict of Interest / Whistleblower Form.
Please make sure each council board member and unit board member is provided with a copy of the Conflict of Interest Policy and completes and signs the Conflict of Interest and Whistleblower Form.
The completed and signed forms should be retained by the unit or council treasurer as part of the organization’s corporate records, along with the tax filings.