TREASURER AND FINANCIAL SECRETARY RESOURCES
This page is dedicated to providing forms, information, and resources to unit and council PTA treasurers and financial secretaries.
Still have questions? Treasurers and financial secretaries, contact the First District PTA Treasurer Amy Kamm via email at Treasurer@PTA1.org
First District PTA Resources
Click the links below to access helpful resources
First District PTA Remittance Form (generic with calculations)
New Workers’ Comp Annual Payroll Report Process
Worker’s Compensation Annual Payroll Reports for the time period of January 5, 2021 through January 4, 2022 and any related fees for employees/contractors who do not carry their own Worker’s Compensation insurance are collected directly through our insurance carrier, AIM. You will receive information in the fall financial mailer with a link to the online form. If you need a paper copy, it will be available once the reporting period begins.
Links to forms, instructions, and other resources
- Instructions for filling out the online report form
- Instructions for filling out the paper report form
- Instructions for filling out the payee section of the online report form
- Click here for a short video that provides an overview of the new process
If you have any questions about the new Workers’ Compensation Annual Payroll Report process, the report forms, or Workers’ Compensation coverage in general, please contact AIM.
- (800) 876-4044 or (214) 360-0801
Conflict of Interest / Whistleblower Policy
As board members of a nonprofit organization, we have a fiduciary duty to conduct business in a manner that is transparent and appropriate and in line with state and federal law governing nonprofits.
In addition, each year, every board member needs to complete the Conflict of Interest / Whistleblower Form.
Please make sure each council board member and unit board member is provided with a copy of the Conflict of Interest Policy and completes and signs the Conflict of Interest and Whistleblower Form.
The completed and signed forms should be retained by the unit or council treasurer as part of the organization’s corporate records, along with the tax filings.
Tax Preparation Information
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Every PTA Unit and Council must file Federal and State tax reports every year. California State PTA offers tax filing guidance and resources on their website.
- It is very important that every unit and council file taxes each year, even if you made very little income.
- Non-profits will automatically lose their tax-exempt status if they have not filed for the past three years.
- Tax returns are due 4 ½ months after the close of your fiscal year.
- If your organization’s Fiscal Year ends May 31 = Tax reports are due by October 15
- If your organization’s Fiscal Year ends June 30 = Tax reports due by November 15
CLICK HERE to access the CAPTA.org Tax Filing Support Center