COMPLIANCE OFFICER RESOURCES
This page is dedicated to providing forms, information, and resources to unit and council PTA financial officers.
Still have questions?
Compliance support officers or chairpersons, contact the First District PTA Compliance Support Officer Wendi Harvel via email at Compliance@pta1.org
First District PTA Resources
Click the links below to access helpful resources
PTA Compliance — What is it and why is it important?
Sample Compliance Tracker Spreadsheet (Excel file download)
2021 – 2022 First District PTA Financial Calendar Adopted
2021 – 2022 First District PTA Master Calendar Adopted
Leadership Conference June 2021 — Presentation and Handouts
FAQ page for Units Delinquent with Attorney General of the State of CA
Tax Preparation Information
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Every PTA Unit and Council must file Federal and State tax reports every year. California State PTA offers tax filing guidance and resources on their website.
- It is very important that every unit and council file taxes each year, even if you made very little income.
- Non-profits will automatically lose their tax-exempt status if they have not filed for the past three years.
- Tax returns are due 4 ½ months after the close of your fiscal year.
- If your organization’s Fiscal Year ends May 31 = Tax Returns are due by October 15, 2019
- If your organization’s Fiscal Year ends June 30 = Tax Returns due by November 15, 2019
CLICK HERE to access the CAPTA.org Tax Filing Support Center
California State PTA
CLICK HERE to access the Finance section of the California State PTA online Toolkit
CLICK HERE to access the Finance page at the California State PTA website