Superintendents & Administrators Conference
October 28th, 2019 | 10:00 AM
Embassy Suites, 211 E Huntington Drive, Arcadia
First District PTA is delighted to invite you to our Superintendents & Administrators Conference! This year’s keynote speaker, Araceli Simeón, will present an interactive workshop on the importance and strategies for using the Priority 3 Self-Reflection Tool: Parent Engagement.
Click below for payment information and to RSVP for this event.
Insurance: We’ve Got Your PTA Covered
Para leer en español, clic aquí.
California State PTA is committed to ensuring you have the best possible insurance coverage and service to protect your unit and your members. The 2020 Insurance Guide is here! Download the current guide here to learn more about how California State PTA provided insurance protects your PTA.
Coverage features include:
- Units, councils and districts receive broad coverage for their events without the need for underwriting or additional premium on a case by case basis
- $1 million limit for Directors & Officers coverage per PTA
- Under General Liability, fire damage coverage of $1 million
- No to low deductibles on all included coverages
- Additional activities such as inflatables, bounce houses and carnivals are included in the standard coverage; however, please consult and follow California State PTA guidelines as outlined in the Toolkit
Have a question about your insurance? Our Insurance Guide, FAQs, contact information for PTA’s insurance broker and additional information can be found at www.capta.org/insurance.
Ed100 is a free, online resource with short, plainly worded lessons that explain how California’s systems really work. Ask your PTA board members to join you by signing up for Ed100.org. It’s free and available in English and Spanish.
To sign up for Ed100 on a mobile device, choose “Join | Login”. On a computer click the orange “Start Learning” button.
California State PTA Legislative Conference Registration OPEN NOW!
California State PTA speaks up for children across the state and you can too!
Whether you are new to PTA or a seasoned leader, join us in Sacramento for the California State PTA Legislative Conference, January 13-14, 2020.
- Be a part of the statewide effort to advocate for the education, health, safety and well-being of all children
- Hear the latest information from legislators and key officials about important issues affecting children and families
- Visit directly with the legislators who represent your community
Click below to register today!
Apply Today for Scholarships & Grants
Continuing Education Scholarships
Did you know that California State PTA offers several scholarships for PTA members? To help school professionals and volunteers continue their educations, California State PTA is proud to offer $500 scholarships for credentialed teachers and counselors, school nurses and PTA volunteers.
All scholarship applications require two references and application forms can be completed online. All scholarships require current membership at PTAs in good standing, so if you aren’t a current member, join today!
Learn more and apply at www.capta.org/scholarships.
Apply for the California State PTA’s Program Grants! Available to unit, council and district PTAs in good standing, these unique annual grants are geared to address four initiatives of major interest to our children, schools and members:
- Parent education
- Cultural arts
- Outreach translation
- Healthy lifestyles
Learn more about the four initiatives and apply at www.capta.org/grants.
Applications for scholarships and grants are due October 15 by 5 p.m. Be sure to share this information with all members of your PTA, and with your school community to encourage them to join!