Starting this fall, ALL insurance payments must be made directly to our insurance broker AIM (Association Insurance Management, Inc). DO NOT SEND INSURANCE PREMIUMS THROUGH CHANNELS!
Insurance pricing is announced after the state Board of Managers meeting in August at which time you will receive the rate for the 22-23 school year. You should budget for roughly the same amount as this year plus a 10% cushion.
You will receive an email with a link to fill out your insurance information. After you have submitted the form, you will receive an invoice that allows you to pay either by ACH online payment through your PTA’s bank account OR to print the invoice and mail a check directly to the insurance company.
The insurance window will open in Mid-October and all insurance payments are still due no later than December 20th or late fees will apply.
Check back on this page throughout the summer for updates. There will also be information in the summer mailing and an insurance webinar in September.
Insurance: We’ve Got Your PTA Covered
California State PTA is committed to ensuring you have the best possible insurance coverage and service to protect your unit and your members. The 2022 Insurance Guide is here! Download the 2022 guide here to learn more about how California State PTA-provided insurance protects your PTA.
California State PTA is committed to ensuring you have the best possible insurance coverage and service to protect your unit and your members. Our insurance broker is AIM (Association Insurance Management Inc.), who works to ensure that our PTAs are receiving the best coverage for their premium costs. Coverage features include:
- Broad coverage for events without the need for underwriting or additional premium on a case-by-case basis
- $1 million limit per PTA for Directors & Officers coverage
- Under General Liability, fire damage coverage of $1 million
- No to low deductibles on all included coverages
- Additional activities such as certain types of inflatables, bounce houses and carnivals are included in the standard coverage; however, please consult and follow California State PTA guidelines as outlined in the Toolkit and the Insurance Guide
Have a question about your insurance? The Insurance Guide, FAQs, contact information for PTA’s insurance broker, and additional information can be found at www.capta.org/insurance.