FIRST DISTRICT PTA 2016 COMMEMORATIVE SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE: Thursday – March 31, 2016.
The First District PTA Commemorative Scholarship Fund was established to commemorate First District PTA volunteers who were long-time, dedicated child advocates and whose tireless efforts contributed greatly to the benefit of students, parents and schools within the geographic area of First District PTA.
Commemorative scholarships in the amount of $500 each are awarded to acknowledge graduating high school students who have achievements, service and involvement in the following areas:
- COMMUNITY SERVICE
- SCHOOL RELATED ACTIVITIES
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES
Click for:FDPTA- 2016-Scholarship_Application.pdf DEADLINE: Thursday – March 31, 2016.
- The school or organization for which funds are sought must be located within the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura.
- Funds must be used as seed money for start-up programs, funding for existing programs or funding for tangible goods such as, supplies, equipment, educational materials, etc.
- The maximum amount of funding a school can receive for the 2012-13 school year is $5,000.
- Your application must include a plan for both healthy eating and physical activity
- Your application must include a plan to address nutritious options for ‘away from home’ eating.
- MOASC School Health grants are meant to fund activities that lead to long-term change within the school environment.
The following areas of service will not be considered for funding by MOASC:
- Academic or athletic scholarships
- Administrative and/or programmatic salaries or fees
- Teachers’ stipends
- Advertising and fund-raising drives
- General expenses (overhead, office materials, travel, postage, etc.)
- Partisan and political programs
- Food sold at school to students, or to subsidize food or the cost of meals served to students in the school meal programs
- Computer hardware. Other technology requests must be supported with a strong case that it is central or essential to the proposed programs.
- Equipment for organized sports teams.
The McDonald’s Operators’ Association of Southern California (MOASC) is comprised of more than 600 franchised and company-owned McDonald’s restaurants in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the grant administrator, Ashley Loar at the information below.
PORTER NOVELLI on behalf of McDonald’s Operator’s Association of Southern California
6755 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 700, Los Angeles, CA 90028| porternovelli.com
T 323-762-2500 I F 323-762-2499
California State PTA Scholarships and Grants
Every year, the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Committee awards PTAs funds to support your activities. The following are opportunities available to PTA units and members this year . . .
For more information about a specific, click the title of the program.