PTA INSURANCE INFORMATION
In October 2018, California State PTA changed insurance brokers to AIM Association Insurance Management Inc.
The following changes went into effect as of January 5, 2019:
- Units, councils, and districts will receive broader coverage for their events without the need for underwriting or additional premium on a case by case basis
- Each PTA will now have its own $1 million limit for Directors & Officers coverage, rather than the $2 million aggregated limit which was shared by all 3600 units, councils, and districts in 2018
- Under General Liability, fire damage coverage has increased from $500,000 to $1 million
- Additional activities such as inflatables, bounce houses and carnivals are now included in the standard coverage; however, please consult and follow California State PTA guidelines as outlined in the Toolkit
The policy protects all members of the PTA in case they are held legally liable for bodily injury or property damage to another person that resulted from a covered PTA event. This is not a medical policy, but a policy that pays because you are legally liable.
- 2020 Insurance Guide – English and Spanish
- Waiver Forms Packet in Word and PDF
- CAPTA Insurance Red, Yellow, and Green Activity List
- AIM Insurance Approved Vendor List
- PTA Insurance FAQs
If someone is injured, but the injury is not the result of PTA negligence, the individual should utilize his/her medical insurance for coverage. The policy is designed to cover allowable PTA events. Our PTA insurance does not provide any coverage for booster clubs, parent clubs or any non-PTA event. It is critical that before planning any PTA activities the RED, YELLOW and GREEN list included in the insurance guide be reviewed. Certain activities and events are prohibited because they are excluded by the insurance policy or because they are dangerous or jeopardize the safety of our children and youth. If the PTA sponsors a RED event and someone is injured because of PTA negligence, the individual PTA officers could be held personally liable.
For more detailed information about PTA insurance, visit the California State PTA website HERE.