IMPORTANT UPDATE regarding Insurance payments (as of August 2018)

Insurance premiums for 2018-2019 are as follows . . .

Unit insurance will be $232.00

Council insurance will be $160.00

Worker’s Comp rate is 5%.

Remember insurance dues do not need to be voted on by the PTA association. These
are due to First District by October 1st.  Please set your deadlines to your
units earlier than this date in order to get them to First District by our due
date.  The units should write your council a check to remit insurance and
membership dues. In turn, the Council sends First District a check for these amounts.


California State PTA provides Comprehensive General Liability coverage with a $1,000,000 limit that covers all unit, council and district PTAs in the state when involved in allowable PTA activities.

The policy protects all members of the PTA in case they are held legally liable for bodily injury or property damage to another person that resulted from a covered PTA event. This is not a medical policy but a policy that pays because you are legally liable. If someone is injured, but the injury is not the result of PTA negligence, individual should utilize his/her medical insurance for coverage.

The policy is designed to cover allowable PTA events. It is critical that before planning any PTA activities the RED, YELLOW and GREEN pages be reviewed. Certain activities and events are prohibited because they are excluded by the insurance policy or because they are dangerous or jeopardize the safety of our children and youth. If the PTA sponsors a RED page event and someone is injured because of PTA negligence, the individual PTA officers could be held personally liable.

Our PTA insurance does not provide any coverage for booster clubs, parent clubs or any non- PTA event.

Our policy is also only meant to cover members of PTA while doing activities for the PTA. It is critical that outside vendors/concessionaires/service providers have their own insurance to reduce the possibility the PTA unit will be held liable for the activity. PTAs are required to obtain a Hold Harmless Agreement and Evidence of Insurance from each vendor/concessionaire/service provider that is used. The vendor/concessionaire/service provider, instead of providing Evidence of Insurance to each unit, may file annual Evidence of Insurance with the California State PTA Broker.

A list of vendors/concessionaires/service providers that have Evidence of Insurance on file with the PTA is on the insurance website: These vendors/concessionaires/service providers do not need to sign the Hold Harmless Agreement or provide a copy of their insurance if the policy has not expired (see policy expiration date following name on list). Call the California State PTA Broker if the insurance on the list has expired or if the vendor/concessionaire/service provider states he has filed annually and is not listed. You are not to sign the vendor’s Hold Harmless Agreement or Indemnity Clause.

If facilities other than school premises are used, you may be asked to provide Evidenceof Insurance. A certificate is available from the PTA insurance website. If an Additional Insured is requested to be named on the PTA policy please call the California State PTA Broker with the details.

Any contract with another organization must be read carefully and must be signed by two elected officers of the PTA after a vote of approval by the membership.

NEVER sign a Hold Harmless Agreement or Indemnity Clause on behalf of unit, council or district PTA until the California State PTA Insurance Broker has been contacted.


PTA Insurance Information
On The Web

You can find your username and password on the Insurance Loss and Prevention Guide sent to every California State PTA unit, council and district