Important Advocacy & Legislation News:
Remember, PTA Advocacy is local – we need you to act when you receive an alert. Grassroots advocacy is critical to making our voice heard and success.
- Remember, PTA speaks on issues that impact children and families and is nonpartisan. PTAs never endorse or promote candidates not even in nonpartisan elected offices.
- PTAs may promote general voting information for example: election dates, absentee ballot process, voter registration. November 6th is the General Election. Voter Guides are available on the Secretary of State website.
- PTAs must follow process to take positions on local issues such as parcel taxes and bonds. Contact legislation@
pta1.org and the CAPTA online toolkit (www.capta.org/advocacy) for help.
Other Advocacy News:
- First District PTA is rolling out a new advocacy challenge. Watch for an email with the #PTAFounders. We want every council and unit to participate.
- Save the Date! California State PTA Legislation Conference is January 14-16, 2019! Please be aware of the dates, budget for attendance and watch for info to be shared as soon as state makes it available.
- Ed100 is a free, online resource with short, plainly worded lessons that explain how California’s systems really work. Ask your PTA board members to join you by signing up for Ed100.org. It’s free and available in English and Spanish. To sign up for Ed100 on a mobile device choose “Join | Login”. On a computer click the orange “Start Learning” button.